I am honestly excited about this project and want to see it succeed. Currently, there are no programs that discuss life living with HIV from a protagonist and their point of view. This is something that we so desperately need to educate more individuals, break down stigma, but most importantly have something that us individuals living with HIV can related to. Please check out http://www.unsurepositiveseries.com for more information on the project and the kickstarter campaign!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jv4IoRSGvw Real HIV? Nowhere on T.V.! This series will explore many of the issues that affect HIV-positive people as they live on, and stay positive. Unsure/Positive is a Dramedy. What exactly is a Dramedy, you ask? Also known as tragicomedy, comedic drama, seriocomedy, or Unsure/Positive (the Series). Humor and Drama combined! A hybrid! The primary goal of the series is to entertain. Fair warning: we may entertain you *while* raising awareness about life with HIV. In an age of mobile devices, hookup culture, antiretroviral treatments, and the ongoing stigma that resonates with our own societal fears, Unsure/Positive offers a healthy dose of reality, honesty, and humor. You haven’t seen anything like this (because we’re still busy making it happen!) We have a fantastic cast, a baller crew, and we’re itching to get started– so much so that we already shot the first ten pages of our script on July 12th and 13th, 2014— well before securing our Kickstarter funding. The plan? To show you what you’re backing. Our sneak preview can be viewed right here: HIV is no longer a death sentence. That’s (somewhat) common knowledge… so much so that the other complications of living with the disease often get overlooked. The social stigma of an HIV-positive diagnosis is, on its own, a serious ongoing issue for “poz” persons. Unsure/Positive will explore this, and also the variety of situations– stark and mundane– that come up when human beings try to grapple with this complicated disease. With Your Help They Can:
- Pay our professional director of photography, Ben Proulx (this is the guy in charge of the camera!)
- Feed our cast and crew for (at least) 8 days (nom-nom!)
- Pay our awesome, hardworking crewpeoples
- Cover the cost of liability insurance
- Secure a U-Haul for equipment pick-up and return
- Buy cases of water for our set (You don’t know muggy till you’ve been in Boston in August!)
- Buy a hard-drive on which to save all our footage
- Buy a second hard-drive. (Just in case!)
- Work with a professional sound mixer during post production
- Work with a professional colorist during post production
- And more!
Thanks in advance for supporting our project. We look forward to bringing you this brand new series very soon!